SEE TEFL, in partnership with the DSS Education Foundation, is now offering a new volunteer option in addition to its traditional TEFL certification course. This offers a great opportunity for new SEE TEFL graduates to gain valuable teaching experience without the pressure of a full-time work commitment. There is no additional charge for DSS volunteer placements.
Direct placement in one of a number of volunteer opportunities teaching underprivileged primary and secondary school students in Chiang Mai. SEE will coordinate the placement.
Give Back, Support the Community
This is a great opportunity to give back, to serve the Chiang Mai community. There are many people, both children and adults, who can greatly benefit and have a strong desire to learn English from foreign speakers.
SEE TEFL Commitment
SEE TEFL will:
- Present and discuss directly placement options to the volunteer.
- Place the student in a volunteer opportunity through its sister program at the nonprofit DSS Education Foundation.
- Supervise the placement.
- Mediate on behalf of the volunteer with the school when necessary.
The Volunteer will:
- Provide a police clearance if working with children. This can be obtained in the volunteer’s home country or in Thailand (details on request).
- Successfully complete SEE’s TEFL certification program (>95% trainee completion rate).
- Volunteer as an English teacher at least 4 hours per week for at least 1 month.