The SEE TEFL Program
- Full On-site TEFL Certification (120 hours)
- Teaching Inputs. These are the individual classroom skills an EFL teacher needs in order to be an effective EFL teacher. Each skill is looked at individually in separate practical-skills development workshops. Detailed descriptions of all Teaching Inputs are listed further down this page.
- Grammar Inputs. These inputs develop awareness of language and structure. They also show how to teach structure, language ideas and context to non-native speaking students. Detailed descriptions of all Grammar Inputs are listed further down this page.
- Six 1-hour observed teaching practices with real students at a range of levels and ages in local real schools (see caveat below, for March, April and September courses that take place during the school semester breaks)
- Cultural awareness training (1 day)
- Survival Thai language instruction (10 hours)
- Job and visa support
- Thai Ministry of Education accreditation
- ISO 9001:2008 certification ensures world-wide recognition of SEE’s TEFL program
- Approved Center of Training Qualifications UK (TQUK), which in turn is recognized by the UK Government Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).
TEFL Course Summary
- 4 weeks in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Monday to Friday
- 9am – 4pm
- Course Fees and Dates
- Training groups are limited to 20 trainees.
- Accommodation arrangements can be made on behalf of the student.
- See also the Volunteer option for those who wish to Volunteer Teach in Thailand
- This training will prepare the participant for English language classrooms with TEFL certification, cultural awareness training and Thai language instruction. Training takes place in a working language school in Chiang Mai: EFL Learning Centre.
- Detailed TEFL Training Course Outline
Eligibility for the 4 Week TEFL Course
- Be an English native speaker or have strong English language skills
- Be adaptable to new and unpredictable situations
- Be of good character and possess a friendly, patient and flexible personality
- Be familiar with Microsoft Word or OpenOffice Writer
- This program is open to all nationalities
- This program has no maximum age restriction
If you meet these requirements, you are eligible to join our 4 Week TEFL course. Please register here
- Note: A bachelor’s degree isn’t a training requirement for the 4 Week TEFL course; however, a bachelor’s degree (any major) is normally needed to obtain a non-immigrant B (Business) visa and work permit. A non-immigrant B visa and work permit is normally required to work legally as a teacher in Thailand. How to teach in Thailand without a bachelor’s degree.
Discounts Available on the 4 Week TEFL Course
|4 Week TEFL Course Fees & Early Bird Discounts|
to confirm a seat
| Balance Payment|
payable by the end of the first day of training
| Full Payment|
| Super Early Bird|
Make a deposit payment more than 6 weeks in advance of the course start date
|$ 495 USD||$ 900 USD||$ 1,395 USD|
| Early Bird|
Make a deposit payment more than 3 weeks but less than 6 weeks in advance of the course start date
|$ 595 USD||$ 900 USD||$ 1,495 USD|
| Standard Course Fee|
Make a deposit payment less than 3 weeks before the course start date
|$ 695 USD||$ 900 USD||$ 1,595 USD|
Optional Accommodation for the 4 Week TEFL
2 optional accommodation options: SEE TEFL can provide accommodation in Chiang Mai during the training period. Note: If a couple or two friends confirm places, only one accommodation fee is required.
- Note that this is completely optional, and we only offer this if the trainee wants us to make a reservation on their behalf. There is plenty of accommodation available in Chiang Mai, and most trainees select their own.
Additional SEE TEFL Benefits
- SEE TEFL provides a job guarantee
- Free Non-immigrant visa assistance
- Free Volunteer option teaching underprivileged children in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Balance payments are not due until the end of the first day of training
- On-going job and living support from the SEE TEFL staff
- Access to the 70+ teaching-EFL jobs at 20+ schools SEE manages in and around Chiang Mai
- Free Wireless Internet throughout the training center
- 24-hour emergency Thai/English helpline
- All course materials are included in the course fee
- Many mini-tutorials and how-to advice such as how to open a bank account, where to find a dentist, buy western food, etc.
- Friendships and connections with other trainees
- Collection upon arrival (during normal office hours) is available. If requested, a SEE representative will meet participants upon arrival at Chiang Mai airport. This may be convenient if booking the optional accommodation.