Participation in the SEE TEFL program is contingent upon informed consent to SEE’s Terms and Conditions
SEE TEFL General Terms and Conditions
- SEE is committed to ensuring its workplace is a fair and equal environment for all humans regardless of their race, gender, nationality and religious beliefs. Equality, diversity and inclusion are core values at the heart of our school's ethos.
- The TEFL course fee covers TEFL training only. All other support, advice and guidance is provided free of charge.
- The applicant agrees that all the information provided in their registration is true to the best of their knowledge and acknowledges that any false or misleading information may lead to immediate dismissal from the program.
- SEE reserves the right to refuse any applicant who does not meet the program eligibility requirements or any applicant that SEE does not deem appropriate to accept in the general interests of the program.
- SEE makes no presentation or warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the program for any participant and SEE disclaims all such warranties to the full extent permitted by law.
- The participant agrees to pay all fees in full by the end of Day 1 of training.
- The participant must complete all assigned course work and teaching practices
- Once confirmed, a place cannot be sold or transferred to a third party under any circumstance without the written authority of SEE TEFL.
- All travel arrangements, including flight bookings and visa fees, are the responsibility of the participant.
- In the event that a participant does not complete training for any reason, the program fee is not refundable, except under the terms of the refund policy (below).
- SEE reserves the right to dismiss from the program any participant who is deemed by SEE to be a danger to themselves or others or whose conduct is deemed to be detrimental to the program. In the event of such dismissal, SEE shall not be held responsible for any airfare; charges or any other expenses incurred by the participant, and shall not be required to return any fees paid by the participants.
- SEE may postpone a normal study-day to a Saturday or Sunday in the event of National Holidays or any unforeseen event or occurrence.
- The participant shall be responsible for and held liable for all of his or her acts along with any loss or damage that results from those acts while he or she is on the program. In the event that SEE, its affiliates, and or any respective employees, agents and representatives of any of these entities suffer any loss or damages as a result of the acts of the participant, then the participant agrees to indemnify the party that suffered such loss or damages. Such claim for indemnification shall cover any and all reasonable claims, causes of action, judgments, losses, costs or expenses which may be made against any of the parties listed or which said parties may suffer or incur as a result of or relating to any acts of the participant.
- The participant is responsible for considering his or her personal health and safety needs when applying for or accepting a place on the program. If the participant suffers from any health or other condition that would create a risk for them while abroad, he or she should not apply.
- The participant must supply SEE with the name and contact details of next of kin, to be contacted in the case of an emergency.
- Each participant must take full responsibility in the event that laws, regulations, or customs are broken, regardless of foreknowledge.
- Participation on the program begins on the first day of training in Chiang Mai and the program ends on the final day of training. While SEE will always endeavor to fulfill its responsibilities, SEE cannot accept liability or responsibility for any alteration, delay or cancellation caused by threat of war, fire, sickness, bad weather, acts of government or public authority or other circumstances amounting to a force majeure.
SEE TEFL Refund Policy
Deposit Payments – Refund Policy
- Deposit payments are one hundred percent (100 %) refundable within 24 hours of payment unless made less than 24 hours before the start of training.
- Deposit payments are fifty percent (50 %) refundable if requested thirty (30) days or more before the original course start date.
- Deposit payments are non-refundable if Visa paperwork has been produced on behalf of the attendee. Most attendees do not have us produce visa paperwork.
- Deposit payments are nonrefundable at fewer than thirty days before the original course start date.
Balance Payments – Refund Policy
- Balance payments are one hundred percent (100 %) refundable within 24 hours of payment unless made less than 24 hours before the start of training.
- Balance payments are fifty percent (50 %) refundable if requested five (5) days or more before the original course start date.
- Balance payments are twenty-five percent (25 %) refundable if requested between one and four (1-4) days before the original course start date.
- Balance payments are nonrefundable on or after the original course start date.
Optional Accommodation – Refund Policy
- Accommodation payments are one hundred percent (100 %) refundable if requested five (5) days or more before the course start date.
- Accommodation payments are seventy-five percent (75 %) refundable if requested between one and four (1-4) days before the course start date.
- Accommodation payments are nonrefundable on or after the course start date.
|Deadline for Refund||Deposit||Balance||Accommodation|
|Within 24 hours of payment||100 %||100 %||100 %|
|30 days or more before the original start date||50 %||50 %||100 %|
|5-29 days before the original start date||0 %||50 %||100 %|
|1-4 days before the original start date||0 %||25 %||75 %|
|On or after the original start date||0 %||0 %||0 %|
Refunds will be forwarded within 30 days of their request.
During the Covid pandemic period, this refund policy applies to all training dates that aren't postponed or cancelled.
All transfer fees deducted by a third party (bank, PayPal etc.) will be deducted from the refund amount.
Payment and Course Registration Transferability
All payments are fully transferable from the original course date to a different course date within 1 year of the original course start date. However, if visa paperwork has been processed on behalf of the attendee, an additional fee of $ 200 USD will charged for subsequent visa paperwork processing.