Located in Chiang Mai, Thailand, SEE TEFL is now in its 11th year of TEFL Teacher Training with 1,200+ TEFL graduates from 40+ countries on 6 continents. SEE graduates range in age from 18 to 70 but are usually aged between 22 and 50 years old. Typical classes have a mix of males and females from a variety of countries, and backgrounds. Our graduates teach English as a Foreign Language across Thailand and throughout the world. We strive to provide a useful and effective TEFL teacher training program. Our organization also hires dozens of English teachers every year for placement in schools throughout Chiang Mai and Northern Thailand.
SEE TEFL offers a standard TEFL course and a Paid Internship with Teacher Training
- Standard 4 week, 120 hour TEFL Certification course (11x per year)
- Paid TEFL Internship program (2x per year)
See the TEFL Fees and Dates page for a complete list of course start dates
SEE TEFL Certification – Quality Teacher Training
- TEFL certification is required for many English teaching positions in Thailand and many other countries;
- SEE TEFL teacher training provides the fundamentals needed to begin teaching English as a Foreign Language, including lesson planning, classroom management, and the Presentation-Practice-Production (PPP) TEFL teaching method;
- SEE TEFL participants gain a strong foundation in teaching fundamentals, course preparation, authentic practice, grammar and Thai cultural appreciation;
- SEE TEFL has authentic observed teaching practice in a variety of settings, with real students in real schools;
- SEE TEFL achieved ISO 9001 certification in 2009 (the first TEFL training organization in Asia to do so).
- SEE TEFL is licensed by the Thai Ministry of Education to teach TEFL teacher training.
- SEE TEFL is an Approved Center of Training Qualifications UK (TQUK), which in turn is recognized by the UK Government Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).
Accredited and Recognized TEFL Training
SEE’s accredited and internationally-recognized TEFL certification teacher training enables its graduates to confidently and successfully step into the classroom and teach English as a foreign language anywhere in the world. Training focuses on developing practical teaching skills while also extensively reviewing language structure and terminology. It is assumed trainees have little, if any, previous EFL teaching experience and grammar terminology knowledge before training starts. Those with previous experience will benefit from revisiting the fundamentals.
Video Introduction to SEE TEFL in Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reasons to choose SEE TEFL for Teacher Training
- In 2015, we had a 95% graduation rate for attendees, and in 2016, a 98% rate. People who begin our TEFL course are highly likely to finish successfully. This is because we have quality trainers and a quality training program.
- Our trainees generally find work very quickly and the SEE TEFL certification is accepted throughout Thailand and the world. We have a job guarantee that backs this up.
- Our certificate is equivalent to a Cambridge CELTA and Trinity CertTESOL, but also includes training in teaching English to children (the vast majority of teaching jobs in Thailand), as well as Thai language classes, and Thai culture training.
- We’ve trained, under the same management, over the past 11+ years, more than 1,200 successful TEFL certificate graduates.
- Our trainees design and teach 6 authentic observed teaching practice lessons in real schools with real students.
- Our accreditation is based on organizations which have the actual authority to certify and license organizations for international quality management standards (recognized by governments), and permission to teach and train in Thailand (the Thai government).
- Our school is licensed by the Thai Ministry of Education to teach TEFL courses, as well as English and Thai language courses.
- We are the first TEFL training organization in Asia to achieve ISO 9001:2008 quality management certification, and it is the backbone for maintaining quality throughout the organization and in all of our language and teacher training courses, as well as teacher placement.
- We are an Approved Center of Training Qualifications UK (TQUK), which in turn is recognized by the UK Government Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).
- We have a very reasonable course fee of $ 1,395 USD with early bird discounts on deposit payments.
- Balance payments are not due until the end of the first day of training in Chiang Mai.
- We have a new purpose-built school facility with modern classrooms, wifi Internet, computer workstations, printers, and copiers.
- The school is not only a TEFL training facility but a full-time language school with Thai and English language courses taught daily in small group and 1-to-1 formats. TEFL teacher training in a private school environment provides an advantage to our graduates, as they get a feel for this kind of teaching environment, as well as in the public and private schools and colleges we visit for observed teaching practice.
- We have an extensive Thai visa guide for TEFL course attendees, and provide up-to-date visa and immigration information, recommendations, and support. We fully understand and provide all the latest information and regulations at Thai immigration, and we have been processing visa application paperwork for over a decade.
- We believe that the combination of teaching and teacher placement experience, quality management government licensing, location in a purpose-built school with active, ongoing English and Thai language classes, and the long-term stability of our organization allows us to provide exceptional value.
- We focus on the most effective TEFL training, which is a 4 week course in Thailand. We don’t try and sell online or hybrid TEFL courses as these are always a compromise. We focus on delivering a great 4 week TEFL course. We do have paid internships twice per year as well, but our energy and 95% of our graduates are from the same 4 week TEFL course we’ve been conducting and perfecting over 11+ years.
- We won’t try and sell other people’s courses, and our course dates and locations are authentic and accurate. We are 100% in charge of all courses we offer. What you see on our website and in communication with our director is what you get. We don’t do bait-and-switch advertising or play marketing games.
For these reasons we have become one of the most popular TEFL courses in Thailand.
TEFL Training Course in Chiang Mai, Thailand
SEE is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. This 700 year old Northern Thai city is large enough to be described as a regional center, but small enough to allow exploration around its ancient walls, moat, temples and alleyways by bicycle or foot. It is situated closer to Myanmar and Laos than to Bangkok. Chiang Mai people are known throughout Thailand as friendly, polite and fun-loving. Celebrating one of Chiang Mai’s many festivals with your Thai friends is an experience not to be missed.
Teach English Anywhere in the World
The adventure and challenge of teaching students English in a part of the world where you can explore national parks, ancient communities and golden temples will help you to share and absorb another culture that very few people have the opportunity to enter. SEE TEFL graduates are teaching across Asia, Europe, Central and South America and the Middle East.
Free Visa Support and Job Assistance
TEFL and Teaching English in Thailand
SEE’s accredited TEFL Certification in Chiang Mai, Thailand enables its graduates to successfully step into a classroom and teach English. Participants experience 6 x 1-hour teaching practices with real students in real schools. The schools normally include a college, a kindergarten, a primary school, a secondary school and a university. SEE’s teaching inputs combined with the teaching practices give participants the knowledge, skills, confidence and experience to be an English language teacher to non-native speakers.
Thai students, in general, are very shy and reserved. Students’ mistakes in class in front of their classmates lead to a great loss of face (sia naa), so teachers need to be patient and understanding. SEE’s cultural awareness training prepares teachers in order to avoid possible cultural embarrassment.
An ability to speak Thai is not necessary, although attempts to communicate in Thai are greatly appreciated by your school and Thai friends. Survival Thai-language instruction gives teachers the ability to request information and to hold short conversations. In addition, teachers are presented with a self-study language pack for further language development.
Teachers are highly respected within Thai society and as a foreigner who has come to Thailand to help in the development of the country you are given special respect.