Located in Chiang Mai, Thailand, SEE TEFL is now in its 11th year of TEFL Teacher Training with 1,500+ TEFL graduates from 40+ countries on 6 continents.
SEE graduates range in age from 18 to 70 but are usually aged between 22 and 50 years old. Typical classes have a mix of males and females from a variety of countries, and backgrounds.
Our graduates teach English as a Foreign Language across Thailand and throughout the world. We strive to provide a useful and effective TEFL teacher training program.
In addition, our organization also hires dozens of English teachers every year for placement in schools throughout Chiang Mai and Northern Thailand.
SEE TEFL offers a standard TEFL course and a Paid Internship with Teacher Training
- Standard 4 week, 120 hour TEFL Certification course (11x per year)
- Paid TEFL Internship program (2x per year)
See the TEFL Fees and Dates page for a complete list of course start dates
Visit our Register/Pay page to confirm a place on any SEE TEFL program.
SEE TEFL Certification – Quality Teacher Training
- Onsite TEFL certification with observed teaching practices is required for many English teaching positions in Thailand and many other countries;
- SEE TEFL teacher training provides the fundamentals needed to begin teaching English as a Foreign Language, including lesson planning, classroom management, and the Presentation-Practice-Production (PPP) TEFL teaching method;
- SEE TEFL participants gain a strong foundation in teaching fundamentals, course preparation, authentic practice, grammar and Thai cultural appreciation;
- SEE TEFL has authentic observed teaching practice in a variety of settings, with real students in real schools;
- SEE TEFL achieved ISO 9001 certification in 2009 (the first TEFL training organization in Asia to do so).
- SEE TEFL is licensed by the Thai Ministry of Education to teach TEFL teacher training.
- SEE TEFL is an Approved Center of Training Qualifications UK (TQUK), which in turn is recognized by the UK Government Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).
Accredited and Recognized TEFL Training
SEE’s accredited and internationally-recognized TEFL certification teacher training enables its graduates to confidently and successfully step into the classroom and teach English as a foreign language anywhere in the world. Training focuses on developing practical teaching skills while also extensively reviewing language structure and terminology.
It is assumed trainees have little, if any, previous EFL teaching experience and grammar terminology knowledge before training starts. Those with previous experience will benefit from revisiting the fundamentals.
Video Introduction to SEE TEFL in Chiang Mai, Thailand
TEFL Training Course in Chiang Mai, Thailand
SEE is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. This 700 year old Northern Thai city is large enough to be described as a regional center, but small enough to allow exploration around its ancient walls, moat, temples and alleyways by bicycle or foot. It is situated closer to Myanmar and Laos than to Bangkok. Chiang Mai people are known throughout Thailand as friendly, polite and fun-loving. Celebrating one of Chiang Mai’s many festivals with your Thai friends is an experience not to be missed.
Teach English Anywhere in the World
The adventure and challenge of teaching students English in a part of the world where you can explore national parks, ancient communities and golden temples will help you to share and absorb another culture that very few people have the opportunity to enter. SEE TEFL graduates are teaching across Asia, Europe, Central and South America and the Middle East.
Free Visa Support and Job Assistance
TEFL and Teaching English in Thailand
SEE’s accredited TEFL Certification in Chiang Mai, Thailand enables its graduates to successfully step into a classroom and teach English. Participants experience 6 x 1-hour teaching practices with real students in real schools. The schools normally include a college, a kindergarten, a primary school, a secondary school and a university. SEE’s teaching inputs combined with the teaching practices give participants the knowledge, skills, confidence and experience to be an English language teacher to non-native speakers.
Thai students, in general, are very shy and reserved. Students’ mistakes in class in front of their classmates lead to a great loss of face (sia naa), so teachers need to be patient and understanding. SEE’s cultural awareness training prepares teachers in order to avoid possible cultural embarrassment.
An ability to speak Thai is not necessary, although attempts to communicate in Thai are greatly appreciated by your school and Thai friends. Survival Thai-language instruction gives teachers the ability to request information and to hold short conversations. In addition, teachers are presented with a self-study language pack for further language development.
Teachers are highly respected within Thai society and as a foreigner who has come to Thailand to help in the development of the country you are given special respect.